A facelift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is a procedure that aids in making your face appear younger and youthful. Facelift surgery aims to do this by reshaping your face and removing excess facial skin around the lower part of your face and the neck. In addition, rhytidectomy can tighten the sagging skin around the jawline and lessen the neck fat under the chin or the double chin.
In this article, we have put together tips you will need to have a swift and successful recovery after facelift surgery. You will also get to know where Hyderabad and Bangalore stand and some of the best plastic surgeon in Hyderabad.
If you plan to get a rhytidectomy, the most often asked question is- what is the recovery process, and how long does it take? Here's the answer. The care for the face and neck after a facelift surgery can be divided into several phases.
The recovery process for most patients is surprisingly quick. Recovery takes around almost 2 weeks for most patients. You will experience mild discomfort due to the bandages and the swelling, which lasts for at least the first 2 days. Post-surgery, you must follow the doctor’s instructions at all times.
Your recovery after facelift surgery is essential to the outcome. Most patients carry on with their daily activities after 2 weeks. Every patient heals differently. Here are some tips we would offer you for an easy and successful recovery process.
● Take proper rest – Increased activities result in an increased blood flow. Exerting your body after surgery will prove harmful to you. Avoid bending often, lifting heavy things, and even turning your head frequently. Try to limit as many activities as you can to avoid bleeding. Take plenty of rest for at least 2 weeks until the swelling has reduced, and the incisions have healed properly. You can return to your daily activities after 2 weeks of rest. However, you should avoid any strenuous activities for up to 4 to 6 weeks.
● Keep the incisions clean – Keep the incisions clean at all times. Use a solution of soapy water and gently dab at your skin to keep it clean and healthy. Male patients are advised to avoid shaving for the first few weeks after the surgery. Showering can resume from the second day itself if you try to avoid exertion.
● Avoid the sun and extreme temperatures – The facial skin is more sensitive after facelift surgery. During your recovery process, you should avoid any hot or cold things around your face. Skin is numb for the first few days after surgery, and so it can't differentiate between hot and cold. Give the icing rests in between, and don't use heat pads on your face or the neck to avoid burning. Stay out of the sun during your healing process to prevent discolouration of your skin and darkening of the scars and incisions. If staying out of the sun seems complicated, make sure to use sunscreen with a high SPF. You should continue with this not just for the 2 weeks of healing but until the scars have completely healed.
● Keep your head elevated – Keep your head elevated at all times, even during sleeping. The elevation should be at least 30 degrees to avoid fluid buildup and to reduce swelling. Plan on sleeping with your head elevated for at least a week. Stay still and refrain from moving your head frequently to avoid any scars on your face after the recovery process.
● Keep in touch with your surgeon – Your surgeon will give you instructions on what you can do and what you can’t. Follow these instructions religiously. If you have any questions, it’s best to clear them up with your surgeon.
Bangalore is a developing city with a lot of experienced and excelled people in plastic surgeries. Some of the best plastic surgeons Bangalore has to offer are –
Everyone will have their own tailored experience and should always follow their plastic surgeon's directions. The individuals doing their research take the necessary precautions and follow their surgeon's post-operative care instructions. They generally have the best results. It is important to communicate with your surgeon during and after your facelift surgery in Bangalore, about the process. Ask questions and let them know if you have symptoms that you think are unusual.
Hopefully this article has helped you better understand what it takes to rejuvenate your face with a face lift. Of course, recovery will take time and patience, but the results will be worth it.
Bangalore Clinic Timings
Monday - Tuesday: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon (By prior appointment only) Video Consultation Monday to Saturday Available
Hyderabad Clinic Timings
Monday - Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
The goal of cosmetic surgery is to alter your appearance,...Read more
These days, more and more women are finding lumps in thei...Read more
Dermal fillers have grown in popularity as a lip enhancem...Read more