What Is The Recovery Time With Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is the process through which a human body is restored, reconstructed, or altered using surgical methods. It is broadly classified into two categories: constructive surgery and reconstructive surgery. Reconstructive plastic surgery aims to treat burns and different types of surgery such as of the head, skull, hands, etc., and cosmetic surgery helps improve appearances.
Like every other surgery, plastic surgery also requires after-care and a specific time for recovery. Post-plastic surgery care is one of the most important things to consider after getting operated on.
Let us take a look at some of the facial procedures, their after-care, and the time required for their recovery:
- Procedure:- An eyelid lift is performed to correct the looseness and remove the sag over time. In addition, the surgeons generally remove the extra fat, skin, and muscles from the upper and lower eyelid. This helps in correcting the shape of the eyes.
- After-care:- After getting an eyelid lift, eye drops and facial bandages are the most common. In case of bleeding, out of proportion swelling, or infection, contact the surgeon is suggested.
- Recovery:- The wound usually recovers within two weeks, but the complete recovery might take several months.
Rhinoplasty (nose job)
- Procedure:- After getting an eyelid lift, eye drops and facial bandages are the most common. In case of bleeding, out of proportion swelling, or infection, contact the surgeon is suggested.
- After-care:- The wound usually recovers within two weeks, but the complete recovery might take several months.
- Recovery:- The swelling is supposed to heal within two weeks. However, the new nasal contour may take a full year to refine.
- Procedure:-This process is performed for people who want to enhance their facial features by uplifting their chin, jaw, or cheek. This brings the specific facial feature in proportion with the rest of the face.
- After-care:- The main aim of the after-care is to manage the pain, swelling, or some other difficulties regarding eating or breathing.
Facelift and Necklift
- Procedure:- It is used to remove the excess facial fat, tighten the facial muscles, and stretch the skin to create smoother skin. It is also used for a firmer facial appearance. First, however, the skin is separated from the fat and muscle. Then the layer of fat is put back in its place after being removed.
- After-care:- The after program includes face creams, eye drops, and icing. One of the main complications of this procedure is the face's healing. However, by the diligent assessment of a nurse, you can help prevent permanent damage.
- Recovery:-Often it takes at least two weeks for an individual to recover and get back to their routine. But, this can extend in worse conditions and take a full year for the swelling and changes in skin sensation and bruising of the skin to resolve.
Before opting for plastic surgery, you must consult with the plastic surgeon. There is some best plastic surgeon in Bangalore to get post-up nurse care. It would be best to ask all questions regarding the pain and all other possible complications and recovery items. You can visit the best Plastic Surgeon in Hyderabad for any queries related to plastic surgery.